Tuesday 7 February 2012

We have all the snow!

The snow finally hit us over the weekend, thankfully it didn't stick around. As much as I hate to be cold Anthony and I did have fun playing in the snow, and the forest looked like Narnia.

The pretty forest

And again

I always forget how pretty the forest can be in the winter as I see it every day and after a while it becomes the norm and without any leaves on the trees it can sometimes look slightly depressing, but when it snows I think it looks almost magical! Throughout the other seasons of the year when the trees are lush and green the beauty of the forest can be breath taking. 
Myself posing in the woodland

Anthony the yeti...

 After a long hard day of playing in the snow and attemping to go to Tesco we thought we would head back to the house and make a lovely dinner, something warming yet healthy. I'm trying to cut down, I love food and I love to cook. I would class myself as a foody. I'm the kind of person who sits and watches cooking shows trying to get any ideas I can and not to mention 'Come dine with me'! I am an addict. Let's be honest though without the narrator the show wouldn't be what it is. It's the queen of day time telly, but to be honest it's on all the time!

Spicy prawn spaghetti in a tomato and white wine sauce.

This recipe is really easy and quick to make and if you don't like prawns you can always use chicken.
  • 400g tin chopped tomatoes
  • 200g raw prawns
  • 1 onion
  • 1 glass of white wine (the rest of bottle will go perfectly with your meal)
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 8 medium mushrooms
  • 200g spaghetti
  • Crushed chilli flakes (according to your taste)
  • Salt and pepper
  • Olive oil for frying
  • Cheese for sprinkling (optional)
  1. Chop your onion, mushrooms and crush the garlic. Fry gently in the olive oil until soft and then add the white wine and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
  2. Add the chopped tomatoes, seasonings and the chilli flakes to your taste.
  3. Boil up some water and cook spaghetti according to the packets instructions.
  4. Meanwhile whilst the spaghetti is cooking add the prawns. When the prawns are pink they will be ready to eat. Mix the sauce and the pasta together until well combined.
  5. Serve up and enjoy!
Our meal we accompanied our spaghetti with a tear and share garlic bread it went down a storm! One of Anthony's new favourite meals.

It was a lovely weekend and as much as we all moan about the cold and the snow thankfully we didn't have to go anywhere and could relax in the warm on Saturday night, we curled up watching a horror film. Not the best film I've ever seen but regardless to the cold being wrapped up warm was priceless!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment