Monday 23 April 2012

Alot can happen in a year...

This was me last year, a third year university student spending any free time I had going out and generally drinking far too much. Obviously I was stressing about last minute work and getting all my achievements done before the summer. Looking back now it wasn't as bad as what it seemed at the time, just bad time management and laziness.

The bad make up and outfit for a school disco night

I was loving living in my student house with my friends (even if we did have our fall outs) we had very little money and we still went out (or stayed in) and had a good time.

I look back now and think how different things were, this was definitely the best time of my life and it went so quick three years felt like a week!

I am happy with my life now there are things I'd like to change as I most probably did a year ago living in Bristol, can you ever be happy with things just the way they are? I think even if you have a perfect life I'm sure there would be something that you'd like to change. I know a year ago I just wanted to start working to earn some cash, now I'm working and don't feel like I'm earning anything more than I was living on at university! I miss the independence I had a year ago but having my washing done is quite nice, although having food in the fridge that I like and eating what I want, when I want was great, no one to moan I was making a mess in the kitchen.

Apart from living in my house with my friends, this time last year I was in a placement I hated, looking back it probably wasn't that bad and most of the staff were lovely. The freedom of being a student sounds amazing now, no responsibility, going home early, sorting out your own hours and no one really cared if you were late. Now I'm the one who's going to get in trouble if somethings wrong, although saying this, I know when I'm not comfortable to do something and I do feel confident within my work, but still I need to be careful not to cut corners.
Me trying to go to placement everyday.
Also probably at work now.

This time last year I was single, Anthony was just someone I'd met once and didn't really think anything else about it. He Facebook stalked me, and thought I'd never be interested in him and never thought about me again until he came down with a friend. This makes me feel not so mean. Now I wonder what I'd do without him. He really does support through anything and not to mention he will be there whenever I need some help, whether it's just a chat or a lame joke to cheer me up and his cuddles are amazing. He really does bring out the best in me, and for that I'm forever grateful. If I ever get in a bad mood with him I can never keep it up he makes me smile too much.

My biggest achievement over the last year was most definitely gaining my Nursing Diploma, I honesty never thought I would get the work done last year. The stress overwhelmed me and I was constantly tired, but I got there in the end. I may be living in my parents house in my childhood bedroom with my really uncomfortable, broken single bed but I know it won't be like this forever. When I do eventually save the money to move out it will be even more amazing and well earned. The best things in life come to those who wait I've heard, whether this is true or not I don't know I thought it came through hard work...


I've already got my car and I think this is the first step to getting back some independence and I'm still saving any penny I can to put away for a rainy day. I like to think that this time next year I'll be living back in Bristol working in a busy inner-city hospital, although this time last year I never thought I'd be living back at my parents. If I don't live in Bristol again I think that would be fine too, as long as I have friends and preferably living closer to Anthony, this would make me happy and I cope with that.

Maybe this time next year I'll reflect on this blog post, see how much things have changed, I think by then things will definitely be different!


No comments:

Post a Comment