Monday 27 August 2012

We enjoyed all weekend!

This weekend has been lovely, one of the best I've had for ages. It was only a quiet one, just Anthony and I and a few visits to various places around the Forest of Dean and Herefordshire, relaxing in the evening and of course watching some of the live sets from Reading and Leeds festival.

We had an extra long weekend due to the bank holiday and work kindly giving me Friday off this week which was lovely, Anthony also managed to rack some flexi-time so he to could have Friday off. It's quite rare we get to spend this much time together so when we can, we really try and make the best and most out of it.

I recently was offered a new job, which is great news as it's better hours, more challenging and something I feel I am much more interested in; Theatre recovery practitioner, sounds posh doesn't it.

Can't wait to wear scrubs again!
To celebrate my new job, Anthony took me out for a fabulous meal at a kind of local pub, The Cross Keys, Ii really was the best food I'd tasted for a long time. I had guinea foul for the first time ever which was really tasty, although I thought it tasted very similar to chicken but the sauce was delicious. We got all dressed up nice to go, and had a lovely time when we got there. Now getting there was a totally different ball game. It was a nightmare, we were late due to be lost in winding country lanes, I mean literally driving around a tiny village for about 20minutes to half an hour. When we arrived the food and the atmosphere in the pub was definitely worth the wait and I'm sure we'll go back again.

Our pretty little country pub
Surprisingly on Saturday the sun was shining so we got up bright and early-ish, had some bacon and sausage butty’s and headed out to Hereford. Admittedly I felt like I was on my way to work, but when we got there I felt a bit differently. We explored the city, found a wonderful lane full of independent retailers and cafes, it was quite refreshing to walk past all the lovely shops and not see a huge commercial building. The best thing of all, it had a cheese shop! A whole shop dedicated to cheese! I love cheese.
Say cheese Anthony!
 
Best moment of my life
All in all was a really nice day out, I bought myself a new outfit which made it even better. Next time we head to Hereford we'll try and find some other hidden gems to explore.

Saturday night I taught Anthony how to cook spaghetti bolognaise. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, not because he was rubbish at it, just because I wanted to do everything and help him out a bit. In the end I sat down with a glass of wine and dictated what to do and even though he was a little slow to say the least, we got there in the end after nearly two hours of cooking and it tasted lovely. He was a proud man, and I was proud of him, he'll be sorted for life now.

Hopefully we'll have some more weekends when we head out and do something a little bit different, September will most probably be quiet, due to our holiday at the end of the month. We do have a wedding party to go to in a couple of weeks which will keep us entertained for now. Next time I won't leave it so long before I blog again. Until then see ya laters!




No comments:

Post a Comment