Thursday 6 September 2012

We give all the things to charity!

I have had one huge sort out of all my clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery and random stuff I own ready to take into the charity shop. I've been taking small bags of unwanted/unneeded things in to the local charity shop all year and it got to the stage where I just needed to be brutal and just get rid of things I have no room for. I had clothes that hadn't been worn for years, bags that had never been used and just things that were just not useful and taking up unneccessary space I don't have.

This isn't even all of it!

In the end I had two stereos and two huge bags of things to take in, not a bad spring clean if I do say so myself and there's still more to go! We have household items that have been here for years, we have so much junk around this house it's actually unreal. At least good things have come out of this spring clean and sort out, I have more space and my donations have gone to charity; our local hospice. It's probably my favourite charity in my local area, I've visited the hospice and it's a lovely place, the service they provide is amazing and it makes such a difference to the service user's and their families who use it. Some people may imagine a hospice to be a depressing place, but I assure you it's the complete opposite and it relies on mostly on public funding, to keep them providing this amazing service. This includes donations and the money from the charity shop as government funding id scarce so I hope the items which I have taken in today will make a small difference to improve and maintain the hospice, I also spend a lot of money in there so hopefully my funds have been spent wisely.

That's my good deed for the day so now I afford to be a little bit naughty tomorrow at Eddy and Jessica's wedding party hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment