I hope you have a go and enjoy this tasty winter warmer, it's so easy to make a monkey could make it, a one pot wonder.
|Yummy warming soup|
1 Small pumpkin (if you're unable to get a pumpkin, butternut squash will do just as well)
1 Large onion
1 Large potato
2 Garlic cloves
Chicken stock, enough to cover your vegetable (vegetable stock is also fine)
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 Teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon of paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for frying
- Chop up all of your vegetables.
- Lightly fry your onion, garlic and carrots in the oil.
- Put the pumpkin, potato, and chicken stock into the pan and stir.
- Add your spices and seasonings, bring to the boil and the allow to simmer until vegetables are soft, so that you can mash them.
- Blend your soup into a smooth mixture; if you feel your soup is too thick add some water to thin it out. Taste, and amend seasonings to suit your taste.
- Serve with fresh bread and enjoy.