Thursday 31 January 2013

We make all the pea soup!

On the weekend Anthony bought me Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Everyday cookbook. I've wanted it for ages and of course couldn't wait to start using it. The recipe I chose to do was a simple pea soup, purely because I had everything in my house. It's so easy anyone could do it and surprisingly tastes really nice, I thought it was going to be slightly bland but totally the opposite, I encourage you to give this one a try and trust me, it is good.

Yummy pea soup
What you need:
  • Knob of butter
  • 1 Onion - chopped
  • 1 Garlic clove - chopped
  • 1 Celery stalk - chopped
  • A few thyme leaves (optional but highly recommended)
  • 500g Fresh or frozen peas
  • 750ml Chicken or vegetable stock
  • Salt and pepper
  1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan,  add onion, garlic, celery and thyme then cover and sweat gently for about 12 minutes or until soft.
  2. Stir in the peas and the stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmer partially covered until the peas are soft.
  3. Puree the soup with a hand blender and season, add more stock if its too thick for you.
  4. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
Perfect money saver and tasty soup, hope you enjoy it as much as did.

No comments:

Post a Comment